Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crayon in the Carpet & The Power of Baby Wipes

Yesterday afternoon when my oldest woke up for her nap, she wanted to color.  I was working on the computer, in our bedroom, so she gathered her crayons and coloring book, came upstairs and started coloring, so sweetly on our bedroom floor.

A few minutes later, I realized she was no longer coloring a picture and instead, she was, yes, coloring huge stripes of orange crayon on our carpet!  


Notice the small toes of the crayon culprit

I haven't bought any carpet stain remover yet, so the only thing I had was cleaner that we use for the dog's messes.  I'm tired of that smell, so I had to quickly think of another solution for this mess.  I then had an 'Aha' moment:  Baby Wipes!

The cleanup was simple, just gently rub the baby wipe in a circular motion over the crayon spots and the crayon magically disappears!



Many wipes were used for this project, as the area to be cleaned was quite large, but it was worth it to get the spots clean without chemicals and without having to go to the store.

Never underestimate the power of baby wipes.

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw those HUGE orange stripes! Wow it wasn't like she accidentally went off the page she was trying to give you new carpet! I think I'll put baby wipes on my grocery list for next week - sounds like they work well! You should do a post on all that you can use them for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was this idea when my little artists were doing this? Wonder if it works with crayons on walls. Thanks for the tip - I'll pass it on to my son MIke who is raising an artistic girl now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's amazing ... have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this what Isabella was trying to tell me on the phone? Or did it happen before or after our conversation???? I'm thinking you sounded way too calm for it to have happened beforehand! Quick thinking on the baby wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to remember this trick! I'm sure that it will unfortunately be useful at some point. Glad it all came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew? Baby wipes to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those things are the bomb. I don't buy them anymore since we don't have anyone in diapers, but I should for occasions like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey....


    Its very difficult to clean the rugs carpet...
    The best way to clean the rug carpet with vacuum...


    Carpet Cleaning Franchises

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic. I went to pinterest to find out how to get crayon off the rug that my little guy just colored on and found you. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad to visit your blog. its really great information about new carpet and it is good for me before buy new carpet from market. site

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!