Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Place Card Holders

Fall is just around the corner and I can't wait!   This year I decided to tackle some fall crafts, so I'll be sharing those with you in the weeks to come.  When I couldn't sleep one night, I came up with this idea and I like how it turned out.


Want to know how to make them?

Supplies:


-Styrofoam balls (I used 2-inch size)
-Orange Glitter Paint (I used the new Martha Stewart multi-surface glitter paint in fire opal)
-Foam Brush
-Wooden Circles
-Brown Spray Paint
-Bobby Pins


1. Paint the styrofoam balls using the foam brush to gently dab the paint in place.  I tried first by squeezing the paint directly onto the ball, but found it worked better to dip the brush in the paint and dab.



2.  While the balls are drying, lay the wooden craft circles on newspaper and spray paint.  Once dry, flip over and paint the other side, making sure to cover the edges as well.  Why use these?  Stryofoam is pretty light, so these help the pumpkins to stay in place when they're finished.



3.  Once the pumpkins are dry, gently push down on the top to create a flat surface on the bottom of the ball. Then, using your thumb, gently push on the top of the ball to create a flatter top.



4.  Place a glob of hot glue in the center of the wooden circle and press the ball down to attach.




5.  Insert a bobby pin (open side up) into the top of the pumpkin.



6. Make place cards or buffet labels and insert into the bobby pin.



I'm not a big Halloween person, but these would look really cute with a jack o' lantern face painted on them, maybe like this:









4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I like both the plain pumpkin and with the jack o lantern. I can't wait to see what other fall crafts you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these.. and the bobby pin is great! I just wanted to let you know I awarded you "The Versatile Blogger" Award! Check out my Saturday post to see the details!

    Hope you have a great week!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I can see you making cute apples for spring or summer or for the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to safeguard against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard
    on. Any recommendations?

    Check out my homepage waist to height ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!