Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pine Cone Napkin Rings

Yesterday the girls and I took a little shopping trip to purchase some project materials.  I had a list in hand of some specific things and was pleased to find that I purchased almost everything I set out to and only spent a little bit of money.  I love productive shopping trips, especially when my children cooperate!

I haven't completely finished decorating for my Thanksgiving table, so I was pleased to find some things to make napkin rings.  The Christmas Tree Shoppe {one of my new favorite stores} had some tiny pine cones for $1/bag.  When I saw those I had a moment of inspiration:  napkin rings!  When we came to the table linen aisle I discovered a whole bin of napkin rings for $0.25 a ring!  And, here is what I came up with:


This is what you will need:

-small pine cones
-plain napkin rings
-hot glue gun
-glue sticks


1. Place a small dab of glue on the outside of the napkin ring.


2. Place a pine cone on top of the glue and press down gently to attach.


3. Continue gluing and attaching pine cones until the entire ring is covered.  {I found it looked best if I alternated the pine cones by pointing them in opposite directions, i.e. point up, point down, point up, etc.}


4. Let the glue dry completely and then carefully place the rings on your napkins and set the table. 




Linking this to:

Show Me What Ya Got, at Not JUST a Housewife

and
Home Stories A2Z

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love pine cones! And great idea to put them on a napkin ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and so simple! I want to make some now for my Thanksgiving table! I love the monogrammed napkin too! I would love for you to share this at Totally Inspired Tuesdays going on now at The Inspired Collection.

    Kelli
    www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!