Thursday, December 1, 2011

Easy Pork BBQ

While my family was visiting last week I tried to keep our meals delicious, but as simple as possible, so we wouldn't be in the kitchen the whole time.  This Pork BBQ recipe turned out really well and it's the easiest pulled pork recipe I've ever made.  An added bonus is that it freezes really well, so you can make it way in advance, thaw it, and just reheat to serve.  We served these pork sandwiches with baked beans and this awesome macaroni and cheese recipe.  If you're looking for an easy, delicious meal to serve for a holiday party, this might be the perfect solution. 



Pork BBQ

3-4 pounds boneless pork loin, or 4-6 pound pork shoulder/butt
seasoned salt
2 cups water
2 cups BBQ sauce {this recipe is delicious}

Place pork in a large crockpot.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt.  Pour 2 cups water around the pork.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove the pork and dump out the remaining liquid.  Shred the pork with a fork.  Return to crockpot with BBQ sauce and heat for another 25 minutes.  

source: slightly adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

2 comments:

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!