Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5 :: Faint Hearts find the Rock

Sitting in the waiting room at the eye doctor, I see them.  A middle-aged mom walking with her adult son.  He wears glasses, velcro shoes, baggy pants.  I can't turn my eyes away.

That's going to be me one day.  I don't want that to be me.  Oh, please, God, NO!

The tears flow later, violently.  My heart is faint, overwhelmed.

How will I ever survive this pain?  Will I ever feel normal again?  How can I keep going?

I can't answer these questions because the pain is so real, so vivid, so powerful.

I read the Psalms and there I find an answer:

"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint..."

Keep calling out.  This I can do.  I can call to God in my pain and ask Him to listen.

"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy."  -Psalm 61-

source

He can take me to a resting place, a rock, a refuge.  I don't know what's going to happen after I get there.  But, I know the rock brings protection, shelter, something to lean on.  The pain is still there, but I'm safe.

A truth driven heart knows where to go to rest in the midst of pain.

We go to the Rock.

Please, take your faint heart to the Rock, and find refuge in our Great God.

4 comments:

  1. Lauren,I've been blessed & Challenged this week. Thank-you for sharing your heart and truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN "He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." Psalm 62: 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like the valuable info you supply on your articles.

    I'll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here frequently. I am somewhat sure I'll be told a
    lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!
    Also see my site > http://wx3tv.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!