Thursday, November 8, 2012

End Table Meets Paris Grey

This summer I visited Studio Eleven, near my parents' home, and purchased a sample size of ASCP in Paris Grey.  I knew I wanted to use it on an end table in our Family Room, but it's taken me just a few months to get around to it.



I had read that a small jar of this would definitely cover an end table, but I was still a bit skeptical.  You would be amazed at how far this paint goes!


I was able to cover the entire table, plus had enough left over for another project {will share with you next week}, and hopefully just enough for yet another small project.  One small jar is only about $13, which is not too bad for a table, let alone three project re-dos.  If you haven't tried ASCP yet, I'd encourage you to purchase your favorite color in a small size and just go paint something with it.  You'll be happy you did.

When I stood back to take a picture of the table painted, I noticed that I needed to do something to the inside of the drawer.  You can see from the photo below that the wooden color inside was standing out just a bit too much from the front.



It just took a little bit of paint to coat the inside edges of the drawer so that the front looks much better.

After the paint dried, I used some fine grit sandpaper to distress the edges and a few spots on the front and back.



I wiped off the dust quickly and then applied a coat of clear wax.  I've used rags and paper towels before to apply wax, but this time I used a cheesecloth.


This was the best method so far.  There are specific brushes you can purchase for wax application, but they are rather pricey, and the cheesecloth worked great.



I'm happy with how it turned out.  Paris Grey is a lovely color, and the wax really deepens the blue in it.

One of the best things about ASCP for me is the quick drying time.  My kids were down for a nap at 2, and by 3:30, the table was painted, sanded, waxed, photographed, and back in its spot by the couch.  You can't beat a nap-time paint project!

Linking to:

Furniture Feature Fridays

5 comments:

  1. Love it--great transformation! I've never tried cheesecloth for waxing--might have to give it a whirl next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this table & your tips! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog :) I would love if you came and shared this re-do at my linky party on my blog! Here is the link to the party: http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2012/11/link-up-with-me-liz-marie-26/ I hope to see you there every week, I know my readers would love to see your work!

    xx Liz Marie
    Lizmarieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great! You have such a gift for redecorating and making things ... so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the side table, I'm going to redo mine this week or next and add a stencil on top as well. Yours turned out great!! Love it, oh and I TOTALLY relate with the nap time, its awesome what you can fit in an hour and half (when its totally quiet!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Visiting that store over Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!