Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How to Move Big Pieces of Furniture

Today is just a quick little tip for you!  If you're like me, moving furniture is not always something that you plan.  Sometimes you just get in the mood and need to rearrange.  I've been known to move dressers while very pregnant {probably not the best idea}, and oh, how I wish I had these little helpful things back then!



Bradley's parents gave us a little gift for helping out in their basement redo this summer, and we put it to use right after we got home.  Our Master Bedroom was the main project this past summer, and the last little thing we did was to rearrange some pieces in our room.

Our furniture is VERY heavy.  Instead of pulling muscles, we simply slid these handy little things under the legs of the dressers and the pieces just slid around the room easily.  I couldn't believe how well they worked!




These would be great to use as a stocking stuffer.

Instantly, we felt like moving the furniture around gave our room more the feel we wanted, with a separate sitting area off to one side.



There is still some work to do in here to get it 'finished' {will it ever be truly finished??}, but I'm enjoying what's been accomplished so far.


What are your best tricks for moving furniture?

Linking to:

Home Stories A2Z

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! We occasionally have to move rooms at school and those little movers come in handy! You don't have to empty out a teacher's desk to move it across the building! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most useful tip I have is don't be afraid to invest in a pad of graph paper to sketch out a quick floor plan, and to measure everything before you start schlepping furniture around the house. See if it fits before struggling to move it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the advice. I'm still debating if I should hire movers in Lethbridge or do it myself. This is good to know if I do end up doing it myself, I'll take any tips to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!