Friday, December 14, 2012

Baked Cheese Herb Dip, a Great Holiday Appetizer

Hot cheese dips are always a big hit at parties.  I've previously shared my all-time favorite cheese dip; my mom makes it at Christmas time each year.  This one is a bit different with an addition of herbs and mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar. The combination of cheeses, herbs, and a little bit of tomato garnish makes for a delightful dip.  Serve it warm with some toasted baguette slices, or Triscuit crackers would also work.


Baked Cheese Herb Dip

1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
12 oz shredded Monterey jack cheese
about 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tomato, diced

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mustard and thyme.  Add cheeses and chopped basil leaves.  Spoon into a small baking dish or pie plate.  Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

source:  slightly adapted from Inspired Taste


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!